HauntForum

Go Back   HauntForum > HauntForum.com > HauntForum Questions, Comments and Feedback
Forgot Password?

Notices

HauntForum Questions, Comments and Feedback Have a comment or feedback about HauntForum.com to share with us? Post questions, comments, feedback or problems about our web site here. All non-HauntForum questions should be posted into the forum topic that it best fits into.

Old 03-10-2017
Frightened

Liked 0 times in 0 posts
Default Next Prop Challenge?

When will information for the 2017 challenge be available?
Old 03-10-2017
Totally Gargoylicious

Liked 198 times in 64 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBPfx View Post
When will information for the 2017 challenge be available?
So far, there's not been any mention of a prop challenge for this year. Over the past few years, it has gotten increasingly difficult to find prize donors for the contests. Last year, Hauntiholik very kindly undertook to organize two challenges after getting requests from members here, one for bragging rights only and one for bragging rights plus trophies she had 3D printed. Turnout was on the low side, the entries were excellent as always, but the sad thing was some of the folks who requested a contest did not then follow up and participate themselves.

It takes a lot of time and effort to manage a prop contest, and we appreciate that Haunti stepped up to the plate. It would not have happened last year without her.
Old 03-24-2017
Desensitized

Liked 3 times in 1 post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
...the sad thing was some of the folks who requested a contest did not then follow up and participate themselves.
I admit my guilt here. I was ready to participate in 2015, even exchanged PMs with RoxyBlue regarding whether or not there would be any future contests and intended to participate in 2016.

My grandmother was diagnosed with cancer in Feb. 2016 and after her surgery my daughter and I moved in to care for her until she passed away in June. The only internet access I had during this time was on her return visits to the hospital or when I was able to return home for a night and honestly getting online wasn't a priority. I actually missed the first contest entirely, and caught the second in time to at least cast my votes.

The last few months I've been dealing with a tendon injury, working on expanding our small business and trying to keep up with a two-year old. My husband and I decided not to plan any Halloween displays for a few years, mainly because no one but us will see it and so we can participate in some of the community events with our daughter. That doesn't mean I've lost my love of Halloween, just that I need a break.

With that said, I can't promise 100% to participate in any future contests, but if I was aware of it in advance, I would do my best to submit an entry. Oh and while prizes are awesome, I have no problem with bragging rights. For me it is more about the opportunity to be creative. 🙂
Old 03-24-2017
Totally Gargoylicious

Liked 198 times in 64 posts

Don't sweat it, Lizzy. I know life gets in the way for all of us here, and you certainly aren't alone in that respect. And in case you were wondering, rest assured, I wasn't thinking of you when I responded to the original question.
Old 03-24-2017
Desensitized

Liked 3 times in 1 post

No hard feelings Roxy. I didn't take offense and didn't feel it was aimed at me, but just wanted to admit that I was one who failed to follow through.

Also, I'm lousy at posting. I'm guilty of browsing through the posts and not commenting. I really need to work on that.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
A Wee Bit Wicked....

Liked 77 times in 31 posts

Well for me...when I suggested a "forum build" in the post last time, I was hoping just for some props to be built with maybe an applaud or something....a different forum was letting members "post" threads on different builds and I thought I may inspire a build here, maybe without all the restrictions and rules...I admit I suck at structured, timed builds....so...that being said...when in the "H" are we going to have another Prop Challenge???? I agree with SpinWitch...isn't just getting people excited about prop making the main goal? When you build a prop and you like it...isn't that really enough anyway?

Last edited by Pumpkin5; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:46 AM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Ghost Maker

Liked 110 times in 33 posts

I have not participated the last couple of years, but for me this forum has always been about building props, and I would like to see the contests become popular again. I will be honest I thought the voting was becoming somewhat of a popularity contest instead of purely for the best prop. Maybe that is just what happens in places like this forum. Anyway, I would do my best to enter a 2017 contest.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Headless & Haunting

Liked 28 times in 15 posts

I always love the prop challenges - viewing that is - I'm not feeling very creative lately. I love seeing what others make and maybe having a crack at something similar. My original thoughts seem to have flown the coop!
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Fearless

Liked 70 times in 28 posts

Well--it doesn't have to be formal. No voting, no prizes. Someone toss out an idea and those of us who want to play can play. Of course, that means that I should probably come up with something ....
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Clean "cut"

Liked 33 times in 14 posts

Quote: I will be honest I thought the voting was becoming somewhat of a popularity contest instead of purely for the best prop.

I'm popular? Who knew? And here I thought I had talent---